Haircuts for round face shapes is a dilemma even for celebrity hairstylists. Round face shapes are the most miss-diagnosed and misunderstood of all face shapes. About 75% of women reading this article, think they have a round face shape. don’t. That is about the percentage of women who get it wrong.
“I have round face!” is how the disappointed woman will announce her perceived round face shape. It is said, in such a way, as if having a round face shape is a failure of sorts. How did round face shapes get such a bad rap? Maybe because it is wrongly equated with being overweight. Round face shapes can be the most exquisite and lovely faces of all. Women will quickly mis-diagnose their face shape as round, after a small weight gain, say, or after a long winter of indulging in a multitude of sins. But, a small weight gain usually Hair styles can enhance a round face shape will not change an oval face shape to a round face shape. Bone structure is the most important factor in the geometry that makes up our visual face shape.
A weight gain though is all too quick to stare us back in the mirror, everywhere, including on our faces . So, it’s easy to understand how this kind of misnomer happens. In our own critics eye, we may indeed look more round, when in truth, the weight gain has just made the face shape a heart, fuller oval, rectangle or whatever shape we’ve had since puberty.
Not many people have truly a round face shape. A round face shape is a perfectly symmetrical shape after all. The characteristics that go into making a face appear round are, rounded jaw line, widest part of the face being at the cheeks and ears, a face that is close to being as wide as it is high.
The underlying bone structure may allow for fuller looking cheeks. Also, if the eyes are big and round, this adds to the illusion of looking more round. I am certain some round face shapes can be the most exquisite and lovely faces of all, there are many beautiful celebrities with round faces. One reason, may be the uniqueness of the round face. There just are not many people who have round face shapes. Another reason is that a round face shape alludes softness . . . and here’s the proof!
So, what are the best hairstyles for round faces? Keep these basic hair design principals in mind:
* Hair styles with fullness and height at the crown
* Soft waves
* Asymmetrical styles
* Off center parts
* Hair styles that are longer or shorter than chin length
* Short hair styles, swept off the face
* Wispy, partial bangs work well and sometimes a short fringy bang
* By layering the top to achieve fullness and keeping the rest of the cut relatively close to the face, your face shape will appear longer and narrower
Chin length hair with rounded lines, that mirrors the faces circular shape
* Straight hair - which looks severe
* Center parts - which can make the face look too round
* Fullness at side of ears
* Straight full bangs
* A rounded haircut ending at the chin will certainly add weight to your face shape. Because the widest part of your face is at the cheeks and ears, you need to avoid having the fullness of the cut here as it will make your face appear wider.
Labels: Face Shapes