> World's Fastest RC Car Challenge
RC Car Action is getting ready to have their fastest rc car challenge coming up here on the 28th of July. The event will be held at the California Speedway in Fontana, CA. I think the current speed record is 169MPH, but I'm sure this year there will definitely be a 200MPH mark hit. That's just my guess anyway. If you live in Cali, this would be a fun event to go see for sure. RC Car Action has a forum set up already for this event, and you can check out other people's prototypes and designs for what they're going to bring. You can also take a look at the rules/regulations, and other info.
Click here to view the forums.
> New Team Associated B44 Buggy
I personally love mostly everything that team associated releases, and I'm sure this new 4WD B44 will be a great hit in many races to come. Some of the features include:
- Composite front bulkhead and rear chassis plate for improved durability and more ground clearance
- Externally adjustable, dual pad slipper clutch
- 3mm woven carbon fiber shock towers
- 2.5mm woven carbon fiber main chassis and top plate
- Rear hubs use large .187 x .500 bearing for more durability
- Lightened ball differentials front and rear
- Shaft drive for unparalleled acceleration
- Slotted motor mount for quick and easy installation
- Blue aluminum center bulkhead cap with molded bearing inserts
- Ball bearing steering with adjustable servo save
- Hardened steel CVAs with cross pin retaining clips for ultimate reliability
- Front wheels and hexes are optimized to prevent hex stripping
- Hard anodized aluminum threaded shock bodies with Factory Team gold shock shafts
- Blue Factory Team titanium turnbuckles
- Blue Factory Team aluminum shock bushings
- Blue Factory Team aluminum servo mounts
- Blue Factory Team thumb screws and molded battery straps
You can also read the background history and full press release here.
Source: Team Associated
> Website Update
1. We're almost done finalizing our newsletter now. Newsletters are the best way to stay completely up-to-date with new RC information because you can get a lot of different sources of info directly in your inbox without having to manage anything. With the release of the newsletter, you'll also have a chance to win a FREE Traxxas T-Maxx 3.3 just for signing up!! So, stay tuned for that in the next couple of days.
2. "How-To's" - We have a few 'how-to' articles that will be published shortly due to a large number of requests. These will include maintenance and tuning articles, among various others!